Monday, 27 February 2012

1am ramble about Mollys ongoing virus saga

When Molly was born she was so big she got stuck coming out. Apart from ripping me (tmi?) I was told as she was purple she would be very congested and to prop her on her side whilst in hospitsl as she would vomit up mucas to get it out which she did. For a few weeks she did sound really nasaly but it didn't bother her much so we got on with our new baby.

At two weeks old I decided to take Molly to see a cranial osteopath as
I had taken Sophie when she was a baby as she struggled to settle and only seemed to look one way after forceps and the sessions worked well for her. as we'd struggled with Sophie sleeping I wanted Molly checking over mainly to put my mind at rest and to avoid any possible sleep issues as 3 yrs. no sleep wasn't something I wanted to repeat again but that's another ramble. The sessions worked on her sinuses and we had some epic mucas vomit moments but other than that she seemed to be well slept great fed well.

At Christmas Sophie who had been coughing and snotty since Molly had been born seemed to kindly share the germs with Molly. A few days of a cold Molly appeared to get better as did Sophie and all was well.

9 weeks old so 1st week of jan and Molly goes for her first lot of jabs and she then gets the bronchiolitis virus which we've had ever since. She has coughed to the point of choking and when she stops breathing even for a split second it scares me. She had been wheezing like a 40 a day smoker and by week 3 of virus I go to drs. She's happy enough and were using steam, menthol plug ins viks on chest and feet, propped up mattress nasal drops spending a small bloody fortune in boots. Dr checks her and not able to get a good oxygen reading sends us to A&E. Dr there checks her over confirms virus and basically tells me nothing they can do and go home. After 2 more weeks no improvement we go back to drs just to check as now she's covered in ezceama and I think because her body is stressed with all the illness. Dr sends me away again as Molly is happy in herself still gaining weight and I have to wait it out.

Not due to illness but more as I was interested in it I take a baby reflexology class and actually learn how to soothe her sinuses reflex and boost immune systems and I've been doing this daily hoping it would help. I've been burning myrtle and sandlewood essential oils as these also are supposed to help. No improvement noticed instantly but it had only been a week so I'll stuck at it, can't hurt.

Half term still no improvement we go to London as we're taking part in a study at St Thomas hospital and they check her over too making sure she's well enough for the tests they do and again say virus nothing I can do.

Now her eyes are all snotty I'm starting to get a tad annoyed with this virus and wish it would leave :(

Up to now Molly sleep hasn't really been too affected at night but as I'm writing this cuddling her upright after having to wipe snot away so she can breathe easily it's now affecting sleep not just for her but me too as I'm listening to her breathing all the time.

The virus actually seems to be clearing up she's not as wheezy but the snot has taken her over again. It's in her eyes and clearly in her nose and she's struggling with feeding at times. I know what drs are going to say so no point going back they can't cure virus and colds. So I think time to approach a homeopath. We also did this for Sophie and it worked well so hope it can help Molly but hope it doesn't cost a fortune in process but I'd quite like my baby to be well she's 17 weeks old and it's not actually fair now :(

No comments:

Post a Comment