Whilst on twitter earlier today I saw a conversation by some mummy and daddy types that made me think about the things I always said Id never do when I had kids and that I now do....
I think its very easy when your childless to make judgements of Id never let my child do that but a few years on many sleepless nights and tantrums later its anything for an easy life most of the time.
My list was
Fruit shoots - bottles of sugar, never my children will just drink water of course. Now it keeps her quiet she likes the taste and once in a while doesn't hurt as a treat, she certainly doesn't have them all the time but when we go for chips and nuggets, which is another thing...
McDonald's - no way are they having happy meals no way no way, well ok then were in a rush I forgot to get anything out the freezer and the pastas run out and were on the way to nannies so ok then yeah fruit shoot might as well chuck that into the mix too.
Frozen food - I've got my Annabel karmel books I'm armed with pots and pans so there will always be a good homemade meal on the table, except for those days when I cant be arsed to make from scratch and I know she'll eat all the chicken Kiev's and chips or fish fingers or pie that goes on the plates and seconds instead of turning away my slaved over dish of something homemade
DVDs and telly - well 30 mins a day of strictly controlled viewing wont hurt, obviously these rules were made before I realised how tired Id be after working until 1am getting up with children through the night and then up for the day at 6am when I actually put CBeebbies or milkshake on for a sneaky extra hour of much needed sleep or the dvd to lull her off for the naps that she wont take any other way. Now I dread a day without the telly at some point but I could leave baby Jake out annoying little.....
Dummies- my kids wont have dummies uggghhhh how common, one whiny baby who is using mummy to suck my god did I love the dummy my friend lent me to try unfortunately eldest didn't take to it but from the start youngest was given one and shes not the best at it but I don't have much trouble with her. I think my problem was the 4 year olds with them in their gob still walking about which wont happen.
Formula milk - I was determined to breast feed and luckily Ive been able to do this with both girls but wasn't going to have formula milk ever- not sure what I thought would happen once Id gone back to work, well she went onto formula and she didn't combust or anything as they'd probably have you believe and baby will be put onto formula when the time comes.
Clark's shoes - as a former employee of nearly 10 years I was adamant she would have fitted shoes but they are expensive and not high on the cute factor needless to say a few other cute shoes have made their way into the home
I'm sure this list could go on and on...suppose moral of the story is never judge until your shattered and harassed mummy and we all do what we have to to get through the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment