Thursday, 15 March 2012

time to be a brave girl

As a mum Ive come to learn that its a bit like my job, never the same day twice.  This is what I love about my job and cant wait to see what the evening will hold for me when I set foot through the door at 5pm.  Sometimes as a mum this can be fun also but mainly I like the routine of our normal day and I actually think the girls like it too. The baby certainly does and I think shes thriving on the routine we have knowing what comes next and shes certainly a lot more laid back than Sophie was at this age.  Maybe its the inner child in me that likes to know whats coming next and like the security of familiar surroundings and occasions.

So with my eldest starting nursery it was inevitable Id have to be a grown up mummy soon enough. the time has come as she came home the other day with a party invite in her book bag. Id love to ignore it much like Ive ignored plenty of invites in the past if it was out of my comfort zone and not done things because I'm wary of new situations but I'm getting braver as I get older and the girls certainly help with that too. Sophie was at playgroup for a year and I hardly spoke to any of those mums and didn't go to one of the parties she was invited to as I just struggled with standing around like a spare part not knowing anyone out of my comfort zone thus meaning Sophie misses out just because of my shyness. Ive made an effort now shes at nursery and speak to a few mums in the playground and am trying to make more of an effort with this shyness. Luckily Sophie's not shy anything but and this I'm grateful for, so time to take a leaf out of my daughters book and take her to this party and be a big brave girl. 

 Maybe I'll get a sticker for being a brave girl??

No comments:

Post a Comment