So I think we have reached the point of weaning. I really wanted to wait for the 6 month mark even signed us up to a food study in which we were placed into the group that waited 6 months before weaning but after a week now of feeding 2-3 hours all the time i think its time. At first I was thinking we had reached the 4 month growth spurt and maybe we have but after a whole week of such regular feeding I think its passed and Molly is just hungry and possibly the emptying of both breasts and still getting cross with me as she still seems hungry is a sign, although my supplys increased over the week with another child I cant continue this feeding at such short intervals for another 2 months.
As Molly is my last planned baby I wanted to enjoy all the babyness for as long as i could. Sophie had rushed me along every stage, I always said she was an old soul who had been here before and knew what she wanted never happy until she was onto the next stage. So Molly was going to be my baby for as long as I could manage and the first thing being weaning, i wanted 6 months just breast milk but feeding so often is physically exhausting me. The first sign being going out for a much needed night out and going home to bed by 10pm due to a migraine. I only get these when I'm exhausted and starts with tunnel vision onto full blown migraine. Its wiped me out all weekend and could have slept and slept but being a mum of two I carried on best I could and a few early nights I will be back to an acceptable level of tiredness soon enough.
Anyway weaning, what first?
baby rice, pureed fruit and veg. suppose time to get the books out again, buy all the random fruit and veg and prepare the feeding area.....as much as I wanted to wait still looking forward to cooking and experimenting with foods and redecorating the carpet and walls (hope the landlord doesn't mind)
let the fun begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment